I am back home, trying to adjust to normal life again. I have been at summer breeze, a metal festival for roughly 35000 people, tuesday to sunday 🙂 and enjoyed it so much. For me this is the best way to just stop worrying and have some serious fun. I’m still so happy, and busy telling my intestines they are supposed to consume real food, not canned ravioli, beer and energy drinks. You will read more about the festival in due course, but may be not right here. I have another week off work, and I will do some stitching and take a few pics more appropriate for this blog 😉
Category Archives: metal
Leave a comment | tags: fun, life, metal | posted in life, metal
Between years, I was at a concert of In Extremo. They play metal with a medieval tough. And boy did they play! I’ve seen them many years ago, back then they did more medieval than metal, but this time they were as loud and hard as can be. but still had backpipes.
On another note, I am disappointed with my new camera. Good as it is in good light, it did a lousy job that night. I used ISO 400 fixed and changed between manual mode and image noise suppression mode, and still everything is full of image noise! I have yet to find a small cam which is useful during concerts. Any ideas anyone?
Well, the first band were Nemesea, they were kind of interesting but I so did not like the voice of the singer, and she does not sound better on youtube at all.
Now, there are the pics of the heros of that night!
Leave a comment | posted in life, metal, photography
My Weekend two Weeks ago
Two weeks ago, we had a long weekend at Germany thanks to the Day of German Unity being a monday. I did so much I didn’t get to write postings about it.
Saturday, I was to a metal concert. Still without a camera, I can’t offer pretty pics. The headliner were Suicidal Angels, a thrash metal band from Greece. Loved them.
The real heros of the night were Red to Gray, a Bavarian thrash band that’s ten years old but never made it to financial greatness. Which is totally undeserved. They played powerfull and agressive yet unbelievably tight. I especially loved the complex rhythms and frequent rhythm changes.
The second band on the stage were Running Death, a local metal band. I’m not sure if they want to be death or thrash, they are young, but they sure have potential.
The opener were Decomposed Existence, a death metal band from greece. I like death either really, really evil or with a dash of melody and they were neither, but they know how to make music, so there, too, is potential for improvement. Also, I had a nice chat with the singer later that evening.
By the way, I have a new digital cam by now, and another concert ticket for mid november, so watch this space….
Saturday I was completely floored, I was in bed most of the day. In the afternoon, I dragged myself out of the door to do this; it is a little woodland pond in the woods near us.
Monday, I took my mum on a little hiking trip near Reutte/Tirol. It was a wonderful warm day, the last real summer day this year. The lake Urisee looked really romantic this day as you can see.
1 Comment | tags: thrash metal, watercolours | posted in life, metal, sketch, watercolours
Search this blog
Join 158 other subscribers
- A million little stitches
- A movable feast by neki desu
- A Voice Through Stitch
- agulhas da méri
- Albedo~~~chronicles of concupiscientia oculorum
- Art in Stitches by Susan Lenz
- Carlseapatch\’s Weblog
- Carolyn Saxby
- changeling things
- Contemporary embroidery by Karen Ruane
- Dancing Crow
- Dijanne Cevaal’s blog
- Elmsley Rose
- Embroidery Overlaps by Barbara Cheeseman
- fabulous threads by Annica
- Flying Haystack by Tod Hensley
- Jaqueline de Jong
- Jenny’s blog
- Jowynn’s blog
- Kayla Coo
- Land of Dreaming
- Les passions de Solange (french)
- Lind Stokes’ blog
- little works of art by Margaret S
- Margaret Ramsay’s Blog (painting + sewing)
- Mermaid’s purse
- Michele’s blog
- Monika’s blog: red2white
- More Cold Tea by Barbara M
- Needle'n Thread by Mary Corbert
- Purple Missus
- Quieter Moments
- Sharon B’s new blog
- Smockery by Kay Susan
- Spiritcloth by Jude Hill
- Stitch Strata by Barbara M
- textile tales by Carol McFee
- Threads across the web by Carol-Anne Conway
- White Threads by Yvette Stanton
My Categoriesart in general assisi embroidery black and white blackwork blogging Blogroll colour crochet embroidery embroidery stitch fiber art in general hamster hand embroidery heat gun knitting life links linocut metal modern techniques nature photographs needlefelting needleweaving painting pattern photography rant sampler sketch spiral trellis stitch stitch along stitch explorer Stitch Sunday Take it Further Challenge tast TAST 2012 tutorial UFO finishing Uncategorized watercolours Wordless Wednesday Work in Progress Wednesday
- acrylic painting algerian eye stitch art art links assisi work Beaded Buttonhole stitch beads blogging buttonhole stitch buttonhole Wheel casalguidi stitch chain stitch family chevron stitch chicken scratch colour cretan stitch crochet design detatched chain stitch doily doodle embroidery embroidery stitch eye candy feathered chain stitch fiber art fiber art links finishing fly stitch freestyle weaving hand embroidery hardanger heat gun heavy metal herringbone family herringbone stitch how-to knitting lace life metal nature nature photograph nature photography needleweaving photograph photography pulled thread embroidery rant rope stitch sampler sampler5 sampler project sketch sketchcrawl sorbello stitch stitch along stitch diagram stitch explorer stitch sunday stuckism sumptuous surfaces sundown sunset Take it Further TAST tast 2 TAST 12 TAST 2012 tast II TIF tutorial wordless wednesday woven buttonhole wheel zig zac coral stitch