So I finally got started on my satin stitch sample. As you can see, I have decided to do things orderly this time. I have secured the seam of my fabic with a sewing machine (I know it doesn’t look pretty, I suck at using sewing machines), and then hand-sewn it into a frame made of waste cotton. This allows me to use an embroidery hoop. I have done all my previous samples free hand, and that shows in most pieces. No such sloppyness this time! But I still couldn’t bring myself to draw an orderly design sketch, things just happen as I go.
ight now, I’m using the variant paris stitch in embroidery floss. I have to be careful with this because the 6 strand floss is just barely covering the fabric.