The callenge was to pick ten of the rules of creativity there. I must say that I do disagree with some of those points, but I did find a few that resonate for me. The sequence does not necessariely reflect importance, because that was too hard to decide.
1. Sing in your own voice.
All else just isn’t worth the effort
2. Keep your day job
says me who doesn’t have one (but would like to)
3. put in the hours
even if you don’t feel like doing anything really. If nothing else it will keep your techical skills from getting rusty
4. Don’t worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
scroll down one posting for this one
5. The best way to get approval is not to need it.
says me, the failed inet attention whore
6. Whatever choice you make, The Devil gets his due eventually.
so true, and not only in creativity. Realizing this one a while ago made me fret and fuss over decisions a lot less
7. The hardest part of being creative is getting used to it.
anything I do ends up getting creative eventually. Exept those little hobbies (like going to art class) I intended to use for venting my creativity in a harmless way. you can’t tame that kind of bug
8. The choice of media is irrelevant.
As long as you use something that speaks to your heart
9. Merit can be bought. Passion can’t.
Passion can’t be baught, can’t be ingested in pill or liquid form, but there are ways to kindle it
10. Dying young is overrated.
says me, who attempted the booze and party way and failed