testing new techniques: painted bondaweb
I had four days off that vocational training seminar because of all hallow’s day. I used this time for getting a bit playful and creative. I’m sorry, I don’t remember in which blog I read about this technique. I painted bondaweb-like stuff (called vliesofix in Germany) with acrylics, let it dry and then ironed it on beige embroidery fabric. Next I removed the paper and ironed orange organza on top.
Well, it turned out way more dark and dull than I thought it would. Also, the whole thing got quite stiff. It looks better on the scan than IRL, really. Next time I’ll try white cambric as background. But first I’ll have to do something with this one. And catch up on tast. And work a bit on my other WISPs. Sigh.
I did do in progress scans, but I’m not going to force these onto you. Maybe I will post in-progress shots from some future similar piece, when I really can get good results with this technique.